New Year is a really big deal here in Russia. If you spend this special night in Moscow, here are some ideas on where to go.
First of all, forget about the Red Square - it's closed for public on the New Year night. The only option to get there is to buy a ticket to the ice-skating rink (starts to sell on December 15 in the cash desks only).
Outside venues for the countdown at midnight and after:
- Zarydie park is the closest you can be to the Red Square, and it should be a lot fun there with jazz and folk concerts
- Since recently, Tverskaya street is the most amazing party place for New Year. Lots of action going on: concerts, actors and activities.
- Tverskoy boulevard is also a great location which is a bit quieter.
- Hermitage garden: Van Gogh styled night!! Dancing and fireworks are also waiting for you.
- In the Gorky park big party is planned on the ice-skating rink. You can purchase the tickets online.
Watch out: no glass bottles are allowed in these venues. Pour your champagne into plastic or reusable water bottles.
Bars where you can just walk-in on the NY night and dance:
- Hard Rock cafe: entrance fee 1000 Rub after 1 am
- Propaganda club
- Darling bars
- Noor Bar
- Mendeeleev Bar
- Bambule Bar
- Golova Bar
- Richter (xCadillac party) in the XIXth century mansion house
Have a very Happy New Year!